Watch And Drink-Along With The 'Breaking Dawn' Premiere Live-Stream Tonight
The Twilight Saga is finally coming to an end this week as Breaking Dawn Part II sparkles into theaters, which means tonight is the last Hollywood Twilight premiere humankind will see. This saddens me, because Twilight premieres have become one of the great constants of modern culture, at least for the past four years: Hordes of screaming fans will gather, many of them having slept on the ground in Los Angeles for days. I repeat: On the ground. In Los Angeles. That's real dedication.
The air will be thick with hopes and dreams and friendship and vampire marriage proposals. And whether or not said fans actually make it into the theater alongside the idols their devotion and ticket dollars skyrocketed to fame, they will have the best time ever just being there. How many fandoms can claim that sort of eternal, electric energy?
Movieline will be Tweeting from the Breaking Dawn premiere and after party tonight — follow along at @Movieline — but those who can't be on hand at the concrete mecca known as L.A. Live can watch a live-stream of the red carpet festivities below starting at 4:30pm PT.
To help bring your premiere live-stream viewing experience to life like Bella jolting awake as a newborn vampire, you can play your own Breaking Dawn premiere drinking game at home.**
Take a drink of booze, milk, blood, whatever:
- Each time a cast member is asked how they feel about A) Twilight ending, B) what their favorite scene is, or C) what special vampire power they would want in real life.
- Each time someone in the crowd asks one of the stars to marry them.
- Each time someone Twilight-famous (as in, famous for being in a Twilight movie and pretty much nothing else) is interviewed on the red carpet and you have to Google them to find out who they are.
- Each time an actor is asked to name their favorite vampire movie or about the on-set dance-off that happened during filming.
- Each time someone accidentally touches on the awkward subject of Jacob falling in love with a baby (drink 2X) or the even more awkward subject of RPattz and KStew's relationship and The Affair Which Shall Not Be Named (drink 3X).
You should be sufficiently drunk within, oh, about 10 minutes.
**If you're of age, of course. Movieline does not encourage underage drinking, falling in love with (most) vampires, unplanned teen pregnancies, or befriending werewolves.