The Tao Of Snoop Lion: 9 Quotable Lines From Snoop Dogg’s Reggae Doc Reincarnated
Reincarnated begins, appropriately, with a big cloud of smoke. Over the course of the documentary, which premiered today in Toronto, rapper Snoop Dogg (real name: Calvin Broadus) transitions into his reggae-focused new alter ego Snoop Lion, dropping classic lines left and right. Will Snoop Lion be around for long? "I'm Snoop Motherfuckin' Dogg till the day I die," he told reporters, "but at the same time when I'm making my reggae music I'm in the light of the Lion." Well then! Get to know the Lion a little better with 9 Snoop Lion quotables from Reincarnated.
1. "Reggae is a form of hip hop and hip hop is a form of reggae."
2. Sample lyrics of Snoop Lion's first reggae recording, "Smoke Da Weed": "Smoke da weed/Every day/Don't smoke da seed..."
3. Snoop, after revealing that he stole from his white school friends: "You all know you shouldn't have let me in your motherfuckin' houses."
4. Snoop's cousin Daz: "I'm smoking a blunt in the jungle!"
5. To reggae legend Bunny Wailer: "We want to bless you with some California herbs that we have."
6. "My songs are too hard...I know Obama wants me to come to the White House, but what the fuck can I perform?"
7. "I want to be loved while I'm here. And the only way to get love is to give love."
8. Snoop on turning 40: "I'm wiser, or a bit wiser. Like Budweiser."
9. Not a quote, but a fun fact: Snoop's Rastafarian name is "Berhane," which means "light."
Stay tuned for more on Reincarnated.