Last Chance! Submit Your Hunger Games Haiku to Win Tickets to the Premiere
Hunger Games fans, here's your chance to be among the first to see Lionsgate's highly anticipated YA novel adaptation -- Movieline is giving away a pair of tickets to the Los Angeles premiere of The Hunger Games, starring Jennifer Lawrence as teen warrior Katniss Everdeen, based on the novels by Suzanne Collins. To decide our winner, we're holding a Cornucopia of words: A Hunger Games Haiku contest! Channel your inner mockingjay and get to composing in the comments below. [UPDATE: Thanks to all who played -- and there were a lot of you! Submissions will be closed at 5PT/8ET.]
To celebrate the 50-day countdown to the Hunger Games nationwide release on March 23 (Twitter hashtag #HUNGERGAMES50), Movieline's Hunger Games Haiku contest will close February 22 at 5pm PT/8pm ET, so make sure to enter with your best, most inspired Hunger Games-themed haiku. Winners will be announced on February 29.
In order to be eligible, entries must follow these guidelines:
- Haiku entries must follow the 5-7-5 syllable format (otherwise that ain't a haiku, duh).
- Entries must be original writings. Write it in Katniss's voice! As an ode to the series! Compose a ditty about pretty baker's sons! Run wild with it!
- Entrants must be 18 years of age and must be able to attend the premiere in Los Angeles at the Nokia Live on March 12, 2012.
- Entrants must register with their email address in order to be contacted if selected.
- Only one entry per person.
Now remember, candidates: Entries will be judged by Movieline's editors so put your best haiku forward! Elegance, wit, and razor-sharp concision are key, along with a healthy dose of Hunger Games knowledge. Wow us, and as always -- may the odds be ever in your favor.
For more information on the Hunger Games movie and premiere info, head to Facebook.
Follow Movieline on Twitter.