Week in Review: The Americanization of Uggie
The masses have spoken, and their cry is clear: "Consider Uggie!" Yes, The Artist's unbelievably moving doggie is tearing up news outlets and Facebook with his Oscar potential, and I emit a silent woof in approval! Enjoy this first weekend in December (and Advent, if you still celebrate your repressed Catholic upbringing like I do), and check out this week's highlights.
· Please don't read these unless you enjoy incredible discussions with talented people. This week's Movieline Interview designees are Ralph Fiennes (fanning myself), Emily Browning, Tilda Swinton, Eddie Redmayne, and Dane Cook. Secret: I believe Tilda and Eddie should play each other in a TV movie.
· For added interview-y goodness, check out our coverage of Fox Searchlight's Oscar fete. Martha Marcy May Marlene's Sarah Paulson, Shame costar Nicole Beharie, and Win Win's writer/director Thomas McCarthy chip in.
· Speaking of The Artist, its Best Picture chances jumped considerably this week. Descendants, hit the showers.
· If you watch the trailer to Camp Hell again, Jesse Eisenberg may subpoena you.
· Oh no. Drive's award season prowess is decelerating. Hard.
· If Coriolanus is too gritty for you, please consider watching O, this week's Bad Movie We Love. Pout, Julia Stiles! Pout!
· Most importantly, please remember to watch the new Verbal Vogueing over 750 times. I'm like YouTube's Madonna for hoarse LGBT youth!