Twit Wit: The 7 Best Tweets About Moneyball and Abduction
You'll be disappointed to learn that many of your favorite Twitter stars sincerely endorsed Moneyball this weekend and failed to make jokes about Brad Pitt's hair, Jonah Hill's weight transformation, and that odious little game called baseball. Still, we're left with seven memorable tweets about the weekend's box office, and one superstar topped them all with a tandem Moneyball/Abduction double tweet attack. Impressive.
7. Bret Easton Ellis goes snark-free for a thoroughly beaming Moneyball endorsement. Put your hands together!
6. Jerry Seinfeld also shuns sarcasm with even loftier praise for Moneyball. Can't any of these guys make fun of the word "sabermetrics"? Sounds like an American Gladiators event.
5. Dax Shepard unintentionally calls Brad Pitt old amid gushing. The 47-year-old Pitt surely resents being aged 3-12 years.
4. Scott Aukerman puts a little English -- Johnny English -- on his love for Moneyball. Showin' for Rowan.
3. Mark Leggett brings new definition to the term "Ripley's Believe It or Not." Psh, I pick 1988 and Working Girl all the way, Mark.
2. In one refreshing blast, Rainn Wilson does something fun with the name Moneyball. Phew.
1. In a twice-as-refreshing blast, Rainn Wilson remarks upon the fiasco that is Abduction. Scrote gets our vote.