New Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy International Trailer Ups the Intrigue
· The second international trailer for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has arrived online and it's just as tense as before, but with one added twist: the music from X-Men: First Class! (Hat tip to Cinema Blend for that pull.) If only Michael Fassbender was cutting his way through Cold War Europe in this one too! Alas, you'll have to settle for Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Colin Firth and a host of other British thespians. While you await the U.S. trailer for the Tomas Alfredson-directed John LeCarre adaptation, watch this bit of exciting marketing ahead. Your Thursday Buzz Break is here.
[via Cinema Blend]
· Bad news, Steig Larsson fans: there won't be a posthumous fourth novel in the Dragon Tattoo series. "There's the beginning of a fourth novel," Eva Gabrielsson, Larsson's former girlfriend, told the BBC. "I would estimate it to be about 200 pages, given what I saw in late August during our last vacation, and given what I knew of Stieg's workload in his last two months. It probably doesn't hang together. Stieg was a spontaneous writer, he could write scenes and not knit them together until later on - he just liked the scene. You can't call it a novel." [BBC via Digital Spy]
· Daredevil director Mark Steven Johnson will take the reins on Autobahn, which sounds like Buried in a car. "Autobahn is the story of a washed-up ex-Formula One driver who wakes up trapped inside a BMW on the side of the Autobahn, Germany's famed high-speed roadway, which has no general speed limit. He answers a phone ringing in the glove box, only to be told that he has 90 minutes to deliver the bomb-rigged car to a target or his wife and daughter will be killed." [THR/Heat Vision]
· Tribeca Film has acquired Edward Burns' latest film Newlyweds, which closed the Tribeca Film Festival back in April. Look for it to debut on a number of platforms by the end of the year. [Press Release]
· You can stop telling J.J. Abrams the ending of Lost was disappointing. "For years, I had people praising Lost to death," he told The Guardian, "and now they say: 'I'm so pissed at you for the end of Lost.' I think a lot of people who were upset with the ending, were just upset that it ended. And I've not yet heard the pitch of what the ending should have been. I've just heard: 'That sucked.'" [Guardian UK]