Bradley Cooper Heads for The Place Beyond the Pines, and 5 Other Stories You'll Be Talking About Today
Also in this Thursday edition of The Broadsheet: Jennifer Hudson is a Stooge... Robert Redford may take A Walk in the Woods... the latest Nicholas Sparks adaptation finds a director... and more ahead.
· Before playing Satan -- and before possibly selling his soul to Satan in The Hangover Part III -- Bradley Cooper will co-star with Ryan Gosling in The Place Beyond the Pines. He'll play a rookie police officer in the Derek Cianfrance-directed film, with Gosling starring as a criminal. Pines is scheduled to start shooting in July. [Variety]
· Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has been added to the cast of The Three Stooges, playing one of three nuns opposite the previously announced Jane Lynch and Larry David. Naturally. [Deadline]
· Robert Redford may or may not have a lot on his plate. The Hollywood icon could still possibly play Branch Rickey in the just-announced Jackie Robinson biopic (though his name wasn't included in Wednesday's press release), and Redford is also entertaining the idea of starring in A Walk in the Woods with Nick Nolte. Or he could just go to Bolivia and forget the whole thing. [LAT/24 Frames]
· Rachel Taylor -- who you may remember from Transformers, or more recently, Grey's Anatomy -- has been added to the cast of the indie thriller Loft. She'll co-star opposite a who's who of handsome leading men like Patrick Wilson, James Marsden and Wentworth Miller. [Variety]
· Lasse Hallstrom must love tearjerkers. The Dear John director could go back to the Nicholas Sparks well for Safe Haven. The film is about a young North Carolina woman with secrets that prevent her from truly falling in love. Go ahead and start crying now. [Deadline]
· Platinum Studios -- the company behind Cowboys & Aliens -- will develop its graphic novel Alien at Large! for a feature film. [Deadline]