Talkback: Let's Hear About The Tree of Life
It only took, oh, 30 years or so, but Terrence Malick's loooonnnng-gestating, hugely anticipated passion project The Tree of Life finally arrived in limited release over the weekend. And while a traditional Talkback feature is probably out of the question considering the film's opening on a mere four screens, a lot of people saw it on those four screens. So! Let's open the floor.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
· Was it worthy of the hype? What about a Palme d'Or?
· Did Malick literally lose the plot while developing/shooting the film over decades?
· How were the performances?
· How were the visual effects? Did it really need dinosaurs?
· How, if at all, would you recommend it to a friend?
Or anything else -- it's all on the table. Just keep it clean and keep it fair. I have a feeling we'll be talking about it for while.