Friday Box Office: The Hangover Part II Steamrolls Toward Record Weekend
Following its massive Thursday showing, The Hangover Part II continued to party the night away on Friday. The Todd Phillips-directed film grabbed another $30 million last night, putting Part II on course for a potentially record-breaking weekend; The Hangover Part II could top $90 million over the three days, and $135 million in five. (The Matrix Reloaded owns the top three-day opening for an R-rated film at $91 million.) In more sober news: Kung Fu Panda 2 may only gross as much as Kung Fu Panda did during its opening salvo, despite the benefit of a lengthy holiday. Your Friday box office is here.
1. THE HANGOVER PART II: $30 million ($61.6 million)
2. KUNG FU PANDA 2: $13.5 million ($19.3 million)
3. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES: $10.8 million ($124.3 million)
4. BRIDESMAIDS: $4.4 million ($73 million)
5. THOR: $2.7 million ($152.7 million)