Monday Morning Talkback: Let's Hear About Bridesmaids
In the comedy world, girls are the new boys! At least that's what many will hope following the box office success of Bridesmaids. The Kristen Wiig-led film landed in a solid second place over the weekend, and seems like the only film anyone wants to talk about (besides The Tree of Life). So, let's talk!
Among the many items up for discussion:
· Was Bridesmaids as funny as advertised?
· Speaking of advertising: were you surprised the film that was sold ("The Hangover for girls!") was not the film you ended up seeing, in that Bridesmaids was more about friendship and growing up than girls going wild?
· Did you think Kristen Wiig was a credible female lead -- especially during the more dramatic moments of the film?
· Does the success of Bridesmaids break the glass ceiling for girl-fronted comedies?
· Which supporting cast member (Ellie Kemper, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Melissa McCarthy) were you hoping to see more of?
· Is Chris O'Dowd the most charming romcom boyfriend you've seen onscreen in a long time? (Let me answer that one: yes.)
And so on. Have at it in the comments section below!