Al Pacino Joins Gotti: Three Generations, and 5 Other Stories You'll Be Talking About Today
Also in this Tuesday edition of The Broadsheet: Michael Cera will try something different... Seeking a Friend for the End of the World finds a distributor... Chris Hemsworth officially in talks for Snow White... and more ahead.
· With each passing day Gotti: Three Generations feels more and more legitimate. Al Pacino is the latest giant name added to the production, joining recent hires like director Barry Levinson and screenwriter James Toback. The Oscar winner will play Neil Dellacroce, a Gambino crime family underboss who John Gotti (John Travolta) looked up to when he was coming through the ranks. Pacino previously worked with -- and won an Emmy for -- Levinson on You Don't Know Jack. [Variety]
· Bless my stars; Michael Cera is branching out! The king of hoodies will lead Magic, Magic, a psychological thriller set in Chile from writer/director Sebastian Silva. Looks like director Miguel Arteta wasn't kidding when he said Cera was taking Spanish lessons. Magic will follow a girl vacationing with her friends who slowly begins to lose her "mental faculties." [Variety]
· In news that should surprise you none, Universal is now in negotiations with Chris Hemsworth to co-star opposite Kristen Stewart in Snow White and the Huntsman. No kidding; he was the front-runner. [THR/Heat Vision]
· Lionsgate has announced the next chapter for Leatherface. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D will soon begin production. John Luessenhop (Takers) is in talks to direct. [Coming Soon]
· Amber Heard and Shiloh Fernandez have joined the indie film Syrup, about "corporate intrigue" in the flavored soda industry. [Variety]