Monday Morning Talkback: Let's Hear About Thor
Today, we are all Asgardians. With $66 million in ticket sales, Thor dropped its hammer on the box office competition over the weekend, helping get summertime in Hollywood off to a rousing start. What did you think of the Thor's transition from second-tier comic book character to big screen superhero? Let's discuss ahead.
Among the many topics up for debate:
· Are we really living in a world where $66 million is a soft opening?
· How did you think Kenneth Branagh did in his first stab at tentpole filmmaking?
· Was Chris Hemsworth charming enough as Thor that you could imagine him being a legitimate movie star going forward?
· Did Natalie Portman mail Thor in like it was Attack of the Clones, or did her presence lend a certain gravitas to the earthly scenes?
· Did you prefer the intrigue and set pieces on Asgard to those on Earth?
· How were the visual effects? Put another way: How unnecessary was the 3-D?
· Does Thor make you more excited for Captain America and The Avengers or less so?
Hammer away at these and more in the comments!