Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman Will Melt Your Computer in Clip from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
· Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor may have been best-known for her connection both on and off screen with Richard Burton, but in 1958, it's likely her on-screen pairing with Paul Newman had hearts racing fastest. As Moviefone points out, the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof co-stars are pretty much the most beautiful couple you could possibly imagine, yesterday or today. Click ahead to watch them ratchet up the sexual tension, then stick around for an Elizabeth Taylor-centric edition of Buzz Break.
[For more of Taylor's iconic performances, click through to Moviefone]
· If you're feeling nostalgic, and/or want a refresher course on the type of relationship that Taylor had with Burton, check out this excerpt of Furious Love from Vanity Fair last July. [Vanity Fair]
· In a strange twist, the writer who penned the New York Times obituary for Taylor actually died himself six years ago. Not that they had this one in the bank for a while. [VV/Runnin' Scared]
· TCM will air a 24-hour tribute to Taylor on Sunday, April 10, starting at 6 a.m. EDT. Films scheduled to appear include BUtterfield 8 and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? among many others. [TVLine]
· Finally, if all those great film clips aren't enough to carry you down memory lane, perhaps this clip of Taylor on What's My Line? will. [Open Culture]