The 9 Most Amusing Fan Responses to Peter Jackson's New Facebook Page
In a one-two fanboy punch of historic proportions, Peter Jackson commenced production on The Hobbit this week while simultaneously launching a fan page on Facebook. Response to both has been about what you'd expect: frequent, fulsome, somewhat linguistically challenged yet ever loyal to the Oscar-winner, who replaced Guillermo del Toro on the long-delayed prequel to The Lord of the Rings. And in some spots, the reaction is also kind of... awesome?
To wit, for starters:
9. "Man, u about to go global, but have to confess, 'Meet the Feebles' can't be beaten!!!" -- Helen R.
8. "Pllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shoot one 'extras' intensive scene in ireland!!! It'd would really top off my life to date to play an extra!!!" -- Terry H.
7. "Now I know what I will be watching at the end of the world." -- Mike V.
6. "So happy this is finally happening! I wish I were involved somehow. I would pick up the garbage!" -- Keren R.
5. "Marry me!! Ok, not really - but thank you for your incredible work in bringing all my childhood imaginings into a visual reality" -- Drea P.
4. "I want a hobbit house. They'd totally work during hurricane season." -- Nancy K.
3. "Hello Peter Jackson, have you had Wheatgrass juice its fantastic stuff i put some on my foot and it cured my dermititis lol i swear on the stuff its magic, hope you are healthy and well and not to stressed , nz is lucky to have you!" -- Hic Kup
2. "I want to be a Hobbit! :'( " -- Karen W.
1. "ohloapfjawloswfv/bzcv kihzdsdv c I just spewed excitement everywhere" -- Blake B.
There's much more where these came from, and no doubt more to come. Leave your own wit and wisdom below and we'll try to see that it gets to the man himself.
· Peter Jackson [Facebook]