PIC: Mindy Kaling's Book Cover Predictably Adorable
· She's not Steve Carell, but it's hard to imagine The Office without the wonderfully bubbly and hilarious Mindy Kaling. And, yet! This could be Kaling's last season on the hit series before heading off to the greener pastures of post-Dunder Mifflin life. Like, promoting her first book! Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) comes out on Nov. 1, and there is already some cover art. Click ahead to see, then stick around for more Buzz Break.
· Bruce Vilanch has spoken out about James Franco's performance as Oscar co-host. "He has so many balls in the air, he didn't get to town till Thursday before the show on Sunday. And so we e-mailed a lot. But we had a lot of meetings. He had a bunch of people who were writing for him, and if it had been him alone, it would have been different. But it was him and Anne Hathaway, and they both had to be serviced. So there was a lot of communication beforehand. But he didn't get there." No kidding. [Vulture]
· Amanda Seyfried keeps missing Zack Snyder. The Red Riding Hood star was almost the lead in Sucker Punch, but a scheduling conflict with Big Love prevented her from taking the role that eventually went to Emily Browning. Seyfried also auditioned for a part in Snyder's untitled Superman reboot, but was apparently rejected. [Adelaide Now]
· The Barbra Streisand version of Gypsy might be happening after all. [Deadline]
· HBO is developing a miniseries about Dick Cheney. [Deadline]
· Will Stephen King write an episode of The Walking Dead for Frank Darabont next season? If you listen to cast member Laurie Holden, yes. [THR]