Genius or Garbage? Watch the Sad Video Game Trailer for Dead Island
· The Internet has been ablaze during the last 24 hours with chatter about the three minute trailer for Dead Island, a first-person zombie-killing video game that doesn't currently have a release date. Is it the "best trailer in years," or is it a "massive failure"? Decide for yourself ahead, then stick around for more Buzz Break.
[Warning: Animated violence and depressing music make this NSFW.]
· Cool! Guillermo Del Toro and The Jim Henson Company are teaming with Pathe for Pinocchio, a stop motion animation adaptation of the classic fairytale. In 3-D. Del Toro says the film will be aimed at children above the age of 10, which will matter to you if you have kids by the time this comes out. [Deadline]
· Here's some decent reading material: SplitSider has compiled the 25 roles that Bill Murray could have had over the course of his career. For the record, most of the movies were better off without him, but it still would have been cool to see Murray in Rain Man. Just sayin'. [SplitSider]
· There will be a follow-up to the "Modern Warfare" episode of Community, but it won't be a direct sequel. [Vulture]
· Over the summer, Movieline told you about Disney developing Planes, a direct-to-DVD spin-off of Cars, and today the studio announced that its officially happening. The film will have all new characters and be arriving to shelves near you "shortly." [Press Release]