Friday Box Office: The Roommate Moves In To Number One
Leighton Meester muscled out a James Cameron production and horny Natalie Portman for a surprise number one as The Roommate ruled the Friday box office. Sanctum settled for second place and last week's champ, The Rite, was exorcised back into fifth place. Your Friday box office is here.
1. THE ROOMMATE: $6,400,000 (new)
2. SANCTUM: $3,553,000 (new)
3. NO STRINGS ATTACHED: $2,924,000 ($46,312,000)
4. THE KING'S SPEECH: $2,330,000 ($78,145,000)
5. THE RITE: $1,935,000 ($20,047,000)
[Numbers via Box Office Mojo]