Aronofsky/Weisz Reportedly Over, and 5 Other Stories You'll Be Talking About Today
Also in today's edition of The Broadsheet: David Fincher called out by raging Swede... Frank Zappa's son is only in it for the money... Steve Carell goes Lennonesque... Zach Galifianakis splits hairs... and more...
· When bad break-up gossip happens to good people: TMZ reports that art-house power couple Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz have split after nine years, adding that "Weisz has been linked to [...] Daniel Craig for months. They worked together on the upcoming flick, Dream House, in February and March of 2010." This makes me sad! Also: Aronofsky to Craig! That makes... sense? Whatever, I don't know any of these people. The Dream House publicity circuit just got a lot more interesting, though. [TMZ]
· Ahmet "Son of Frank" Zappa and his collaborator Michael Wilson have passed off a story to Disney inspired by Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room attraction. A Disney rep hastens to add that it is not a Pirates of the Caribbean-style adaptation, but just an action-adventure toying with Polynesian mythology. Like it matters! The world will end before this film is ever made. [LAT]
· Screenwriter Dan Fogelman will make his directing debut with the John Lennon-themed father-son dramedy Imagine. Steve Carell is attached to star. [Deadline]
· "I think Steve Martin's character, which is so wonderful, it would have been tempting to go in that direction. Traveling business man. Trying to get home. Insurance guy. Probably a nice guy. Robert starts off being an angry guy -- which I think is different enough." Yes, Zach Galifianakis is really pretty tired of your Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Due Date comparisons. [LAT]
· Even for the football hater, you have to admit: There is something to appreciate about this kid's swagger, poise and unbelievable balls to carry this move off. Amazing. [LikeCool]