9 Tweets That Suggest CBS Might Have Buyer's Remorse Over Don't Tell Steve
You reap what you sow, America. In the wake of the first week success of $#*! My Dad Says, CBS is now doubling down on the whole people-will-watch-a-TV-show-based-on-a-Twitter-feed phenomenon. Today it was announced that the network is developing Don't Tell Steve, a new sitcom based on @shhdontellsteve, an occasionally amusing Twitter feed about a guy and his roommate, Steve. Ahead, 9 tweets that prove CBS might have buyer's remorse about this one.
(Assume all egregious spelling errors are part of the charm/tweet.)
· "Steve texted on his way home: 'Cuming home. Line up a shot, pak a bowl & cue last night's JS' (Jersey Shore)" -- Sept. 13, 2010
· "Steve, just now, yelling from our bathroom: 'Total Asparagus pee bro! Come smell!'" -- Sept. 11, 2010
· "Me: 'Name an achievement you're proud of?' Steve: 'If it's a guy, I'm gonna tell him about my H.S. girlfriend giving me 21 BJs in 30 days'" -- Aug. 17, 2010
· "Steve's [July] 4th Outfit: Army Green Cargo Shorts and a T-Shirt that has a Mudflap Girl holding an American Flag that says 'America the Bootyful.'" -- July 4, 2010
· "Steve's won't talk about the script. I only know it's called Party Spy, about a party animal frat guy turned CIA operative." -- Apr. 22, 2010
· "Lost track of Steve after bar hopping. He just got home said 'Did you tape Cougar Town?' Then passed out on the couch." -- March 18, 2010
· "Steve: 'Want to hear something cool?' Me: 'Yes.' Steve: 'I had the hiccups yesterday, so I jacked off and they went away.'" -- Feb. 13, 2010
· Steve New Moon Review pt2: Steve wanted Jacob and Edward to kill each other early so Bella could hook up with Alice: 'That would be hot.'" -- Nov. 23, 2009
· Steve Txt from class: 'euro history boring girls n short shorts r awesome.'" -- Sept. 8, 2009
Expect to see Don't Tell Steve (from executive producer Ashton Kutcher, p.s.) get millions of viewers when it premieres on CBS next year.