Hollywood Ink: Dwayne Johnson Blah Blah Sequel Blah Blah 3D
Also today in Hollywood Ink: Shark Night 3D is apparently a real thing with a real budget paying real actors to say lines... Everybody Loves Whales adds two more actors... and at least a little bit more after the jump.
· Dwayne Johnson will inherit Brendan Fraser's leading-man mantle in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, which will be loosely based on Jules Verne's novel of the same name. Josh Hutcherson will return as the junior explorer Sean Anderson, who brings his mother and her boyfriend (Johnson) "on a trip to a mythical and monstrous island to find his missing grandfather." Great. [THR]
· A day after the acknowledgment of Shark Night 3D's existence gnawed a chunk out of America's existential pride, the producers have piled on even more D-list fish food including Sara Paxton, Dustin Milligan and Katharine McPhee. Where is Eli Roth to class up a predatory fin flick when you need him? [Variety]
· Universal will not stop until everyone not cast for X-Men: First Class winds up in the ensemble for Everybody Loves Whales. This time around they've recruited Ted Danson and Vinessa Shaw for the real-life eco-heartwarmer led by Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski. [THR]
· There is a screenwriter actually named Joe Syracuse! Awesome. And he's writing something with Lisa Addario pegged to the recession and cutting costs and less-expensive family living. Not as awesome. But what is? [THR]
· Speaking of whom, Billy Crystal's City Slickers writers Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel are polishing up his forthcoming generational-comedy script Us vs. Them, written by none other than... Joe Syracuse and Lisa Addario. Small world, etc. [Deadline]