Running Wilde Trailer: Keri Russell and Will Arnett Channel Arrested Development

runningwilde-trailer-2.jpg

We may not be getting an Arrested Development movie anytime soon -- or ever -- but at least there's the new Fox sitcom Running Wilde to whet our appetites. The show reunites Arrested creator Mitch Hurwitz with his erstwhile GOB Bluth, Will Arnett, and as in that show, he plays a wealthy, oblivious blowhard. This time, though, he's palatable enough to romantically intrigue Keri Russell as his do-gooder opposite. Here's the trailer. Taste the happy?

VERDICT: Started slow, but it grew on me. Here's hoping!

At the Fox Upfront [EW]

Comments

• Snarkymark says:

Yes, the trailer is funnier at the end. AD had a great supporting cast (or leads, or whatever they all were). I didn't see that here. Arnett and the kid in this might be funny together.

• Furious D says:

Damn you geo-locking! The internet is international!!

• metroville says:

Michael J. Fox joke! As if I weren't already on board...

• geoff says:

is peter seranifowicz in this playing an indian?

• Matthew DH says:

For Will Arnett's sake I hope it does well. But Keri Russell? She's just a shorter, less funny Brooke Shields.

• The Winchester says:

Hopefully this show won't just be an... ILLUSION!
    (I'm not ashamed I did that).

• anony maus says:

This trailer doesn't do it justice. The pilot has great laughs, and hopefully will be better directed in series. Serafinowicz is amazing - the scene when him and Arnett are improvising is the best part.

• FrancoisTrueFaux says:

Maybe it's just a bad trailer, but Will Arnett's character seems to be lacking the charm that most of the characters on AD had, which made them somewhat likable. This guy just seems mean spirited and selfish.

• cortney says:

what's the name of the piano jingle will arnett and keri russell play in the other tv promo?

• Divina says:

ok there was another trailer that had a song that I need to find can't remember the way the song goes and what the title of the song is. All I know is that the song came out early this year and was on another trailer that. I saved it but was removed of my DVR aaaahggg!!!!