Friday Box Office: The Losers
April: It's the new September. After last weekend's disappointing returns, this weekend is poised to do worse. Only Jennifer Lopez's abysmal The Back-Up Plan reached $4 million on Friday, and it won't even be in first place come Sunday because of holdover How to Train Your Dragon. Also debuting: The Losers, which, duh. For commentary, check the title. Oh, and for the thirty-seven of you who still care: Kick-Ass saw a Friday-to-Friday drop of 63 percent and landed in fifth place. Cue the wails of "You're expectations were too high!" The top-five after the jump.
1. The BACK-UP PLAN: $4,000,000 (new)
2. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: $3,600,000 ($166,500,000)
3. THE LOSERS: $3,300,000 (new)
4. DATE NIGHT: $3,200,000 ($56,000,000)
5. KICK-ASS: $2,800,000 ($28,100,000)