TV Bites: Drew Carey Develops His Own WTF! Moments
· Good morning, folks. Drew Carey has got a pitch for you. It's a hidden-camera show called WTF! ("Wow That's Funny!") which will feature the comedian and a group of "comedic agents" pulling benevolent pranks on deserving citizens. For example, the WTF! team transforms a truck stop into a five-star restaurant for long-haulers. Come on, it loosely follows that same Undercover Boss formula. Carey taped a pilot presentation this weekend. [THR]
Cybill Shepherd lands the role of a Lifetime, Cheaters tries to spin-off into celebrity territory, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· In the most bizarre casting news this morning, Cybill Shepherd has attached herself to an upcoming Lifetime original movie, where she will play (drum roll, please) a body waxer at a woman's salon who is stunned to discovery that her former Texas homecoming-queen daughter is working as a prostitute to pay the bills. Jennifer Love Hewitt will play the trick-turning progeny. I'm going to go ahead and predict that this is the best Lifetime movie ever. [THR]
· Bobby Goldstein, the creator of the reality series Cheaters, is pitching a celebrity version around town that would be hosted by Michelle "Bombshell" McGee and Jamie Jungers and try to catch "celebrities with their pants down." [TMZ]
· According to "reliable sources," A&E's Breaking Bad has been picked up for a fourth season. [TVbytheNumbers]
· Vice President Joe Biden will appear on ABC's The View on Thursday as part of the program's "Red, White and View" series of political discussions. [AP]