TV Bites: Carla Gugino Gets a Dose of Californication
· When Hank Moody returns for his fourth season of Californication, he will have two new female characters to charm. Carla Gugino has been cast as the first, a likeable corporate lawyer who could help David Duchovny's character navigate the legal system. Addison Timlin (Cashmere Mafia) will play the second, an actress who crosses Moody's path when she stars in a film within the Showtime series. Both actresses will have season-long arcs. [DHD]
Hitched makes a casting switch, Seth Meyers books a sports gig, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· In a last-minute casting decision, Sara Fletcher (My Secret Girlfriend) will replace Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) in Josh Schwartz's comedy pilot Hitched. The switcheroo happened yesterday, right before the table read for the CBS project. [DHD]
· Seth Meyers will host the ESPYs, which will air on July 14. [zap2it]
· The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office is punishing Steven Seagal the best way they know how after the Lawman was accused of sex trafficking: by shutting down production on the action star's A&E series. [THR]
· The Big Bang Theory and Lost are the most-watched scripted series among that coveted 18-49 demo these days. [The Wrap]
· Oprah's cameras have infiltrated Nadya Suleman's home for a show set to air on Tuesday. [EW]