TV Bites: Sarah Chalke Works Double-Time This Pilot Season
· Congratulations to Sarah Chalke for booking her second pilot this season. The Scrubs alum will play a quirky-but-beautiful guidance counselor in CBS's high school comedy Team Spitz opposite Rob Riggle's football coach (I'm guessing he plays Spitz?). Two months ago, Chalke was cast in an ABC sitcom pilot called Freshman, about three freshmen members of Congress who live together in D.C. There, Chalke will play a quirky-but-beautiful former big business VP. [EW]
A One Tree Hill star finds her Southern Discomfort, Mad Men promotes from within, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· While One Tree Hill waits for another season pick-up, Sophia Bush is hedging her bets with an ABC comedy pilot. In Southern Discomfort, Bush will play a Harvard grad who returns to her Texas hometown to reunite with her old boyfriend. Don Johnson and Mary Steenburgen are slated to play her character's parents. [THR]
· Movieline extends a high-five to Mad Men's Jared Harris for being promoted to series regular in time for the show's fourth season. [EW]
· Wizards of Waverly Place showrunner Peter Murrieta has left the Disney series after three seasons. [Deadline]
· The folks behind The Simpsons have congratulated South Park on its 200th episode, which airs tonight. [THR]