TV Bites: American Chopper Reboot Pits Father vs. Son
· Re-rev your engines: TLC has announced an extension of its successful American Chopper reality series, which ran six months until its stars, father-son motorcycle designers, Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr., parted ways in a nasty legal dispute. The new project, American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior will pit the estranged Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. in competing bike shops and will premiere in August. Series executive producer Christo Doyle is not sure how he will divide each episode but revealed to the New York Post that the Teutuls' estrangement has been difficult for him too: "This is a very bitter situation that runs really deep -- at times I feel I'm a family therapist and not a producer." [NYP]
Maura Tierney returns to television, Merlotte hires a new waitress, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Maura Tierney, who was forced to forfeit her role on NBC's Parenthood last year to undergo breast cancer treatment, will reprise her role on Rescue Me during the FX program's fifth season. [TV Guide]
· True Blood has cast Lauren Bowles (Seinfeld) as Merlotte's newest hire, an oddly prescient single mom named Holly. [EW]
· May this be a lesson to the rest of MSNBC anchors looking to jump ship: David Shuster, a high-profile anchor for the network, has been suspended for an indefinite period of time after filming a pilot for rival network CNN. [Media Decoder]
· If you thought that photographing models for the Playboy Channel's new reality series Playboy Shootout seemed like the best gig ever, think again. [Reuters]
· Send your thoughts and prayers out to Modern Family producers this morning, who are having a hard time figuring out how to stagger its cast's Emmy submissions. [THR]