TV Bites: Sharon Lawrence Gets Hitched
· After courting a number of offers this pilot season, television vet Sharon Lawrence has signed on to Josh Schwartz's comedy pilot Hitched. The CBS project centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Kristin Kreuk) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. Lawrence will play Rachel's good-intentioned but nosy mother. The actress recently made appearances on Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Mentalist and Community. [THR]
ABC plans to throw millions of dollars off the side of a building, a Caprica star tries on Anarchy for size , and more TV Bites after the jump.
· ABC is taking the definition of ridiculous game show format to new heights with a project from Fremantle Media North America in which contestants answer trivia questions from the top of a skyscraper in a major metropolitan city for $1 million in cash and prizes. If the players answer incorrectly, they risk seeing their winnings fall off the side of the building. The show, called Downfall might also drop players off the building in a "controlled plunge," but that part is still being worked out. [THR]
· Caprica's Paula Malcolmson has signed on for an eight-episode arc on FX's Sons of Anarchy. The actress will play a character named Maureen in the show's third season. [The Watcher]
· ABC has pushed the premiere of its Alyssa Milano sitcom Romantically Challenged back a week (to April 19) to accommodate a two-hour finale of Dancing With the Stars. [TVbytheNumbers]
· Charactor actor Sam Menning has passed away at the age of 85. His resume included work on My Name Is Earl, The Prestige and Mel Brooks' Life Stinks. [THR]