TV Bites: Chad Lowe Joins Pretty Little Liars
· ABC may be losing Rob Lowe to NBC's Parks & Rec, but the network's sister channel ABC Family is gaining his brother. Chad Lowe has been cast in the upcoming drama series Pretty Little Liars about four teen girls -- Aria (Lucy Hale), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Spencer (Troian Bellisario) and Hanna (Ashley Benson) -- who begin to receive mysterious messages, seemingly from a girlfriend who disappeared three years earlier. Lowe is replacing Alexis Denisof, who played Aria's father in the pilot. [THR]
A MADtv star goes Huge, Sterling Cooper hires a few new employees, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· MADtv alum Gina Torres has been cast in the ABC Family series Huge, about a weight-loss camp for teens. Torres will play Dr. Dorothy Rand. [THR]
· Mad Men is adding a few characters to Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce for the show's fourth season including "a handsome and creative male; a voluptuous, curvy, and cute brunette who is friendly but professional; and an affable guy who is a bit lacking in personality." [EW]
· ABC and CBS network news have hit all-time rating lows. [NYT]
· For the first time ever, the Major League Baseball's season opener will be broadcast live in China on Sunday, reaching a potential audience of 300 million. [THR]
· Spoiler alert. In the next season of ABC's Bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky will take her beaus on New York City group dates at the American Museum of Natural History and "The Lion King" on Broadway. [NYP]