TV Bites: Matt Damon Books 30 Rock, Secures Inevitable Guest Emmy Nod
· Just a few days after accepting his first lifetime achievement award, Matt Damon has fulfilled Tina Fey's casting dream by agreeing to guest-star in one of the last 30 Rock episodes of the season. No other details about the Oscar winner's role have been announced, so let the speculation begin regarding whose wacky lover Damon will play! Another handsome but dimwitted beau for Liz, an anime-obsessed actor interested in a beard relationship with Jenna or just the latest in a line of fiery, McFlurry-craving lovers for Jack? Suggestions welcome. [EW]
Ryan Hansen makes Friends With Benefits, Fox hires a former employee to help with its tax comedy, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Party Down star Ryan Hansen has been cast in NBC's comedy pilot Friends With Benefits. The project centers on five friends in their 20s content to -- well, the title is self-explanatory. [THR]
· In other casting news, MADtv alum Orlando Jones has landed a leading role in Fox's workplace comedy Tax Man, which also stars Martin Short and David Krumholtz. [THR]
· WE has announced seven new series including a vehicle for Joan and Melissa Rivers called Mother Knows Best, which will put the pair under one roof and hope for conflict. [THR]
· Desperate Housewives scribe Alexandra Cunningham is leaving ABC for the Peacock, where she has inked a seven-figure deal to develop shows for Universal Media Studios. [Variety]
· Bolstered by the success of Amazing Race and Undercover Boss, CBS beat out Fox for the week's primetime demo lead. Pssst, Levi, now would be a great time to start pitching Undercover Hoss. [Variety]