Hollywood Ink: Kate Hudson Stretches, Considers Role in Chick Flick
· Goodness knows we can't have a whole week without another development around the romantic dramedy Something Borrowed, so let's hear it for Kate Hudson, who is closing in on a role as a woman whose best friend (played by Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes involved with her fiancé. John Krasinski also stars as Goodwin's male BFF, whose own romantic entanglements will be followed in the sequel, Something Blue. (Seriously, I'm not even making that part up.) [Variety]
A dream pairing is realized, a Dirty ensemble comes together, and more Hollywood Ink after the jump.
· Terrence Howard has reportedly dropped out of Dito Montiel's upcoming Channing Tatum-led cop drama Son of No One, leading to the natural replacement: Tracy Morgan. He is in talks to play Tatum's longtime friend, but that's not the dream pairing alluded to before the jump. No. Get ready: Juliette Binoche is also in talks to appear in the film, playing a reporter. This movie's IMDB page is the equivalent of the wraiths at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark: One look at the cast and all those headshots together -- Tatum, Binoche, Morgan, Al Pacino, Ray Liotta, Katie Holmes -- and your head melts. So keep your eyes shut, Marion. [THR]
· Meanwhile, Milla Jovovich, William H. Macy, Mary Steenburgen, Dwight Yoakam and Tim McGraw have jumped aboard Dirty Girl, writer-director Abe Sylvia's debut about an Oklahoma "high school tramp" (played by Juno Temple) who ventures off with her closeted gay BFF (Jeremy Dozier) to find her father. Shooting is underway in L.A. [Variety]
· Tatum's wife Jenna Dewan will stick with what she knows in the indie comedy Balls to the Wall, which also stars Joe Hursley as a man who takes up exotic dancing as a means of giving his girlfriend the wedding of her dreams. Sound familiar? [ THR]
· Lionsgate has dropped out of the bidding for MGM. And just when I finally got the potential for roaring-cat brand synergy. Shame. [THR]