Hollywood Ink: Angela Bassett Hits the Green Lantern Jackpot
· Perhaps someday, when we reconsider the most important paycheck roles of all time, Angela Bassett will make an appearance. The actress can only hope so, as she's going to be a regular in the Green Lantern franchise for a while to come in the role of government agent and Lantern regular Dr. Amanda Waller. The report goes on to note that Bassett is also still developing her directorial debut United States, so there's the "one for them" half of a certain old Hollywood saw to consider as well. Shooting is underway in New Orleans. [Variety]
Matt Bomer gets Anna Faris's Number, an odd contender emerges to direct Mission Impossible IV, and mor Hollywood Ink after the jump.
· White Collar star Matt Bomer and Ari Graynor are close to a deal to appear in What's Your Number?, the Anna Faris romcom about a single woman trudging through her sexual past to see if maybe she passed over Mr. Right. Graynor would play her soon-to-be-married sister and Bomer would play her dream guy, which one can only historically presume to mean that they don't hook up. As previously noted here, Chris Evans also stars; he'll probably get lucky. Surprises are always welcome, though, if anyone's got any to pass along. [THR]
· Animation superstar Brad Bird, who won Oscars for directing The Incredibles and Ratatouille, is reportedly now on the short list of candidates to direct Mission Impossible IV. The Tom Cruise tentpole would be Bird's live-action debut, which he's been attempting to make for a while; his first choice, the San Francisco earthquake drama 1906, is said to have a bit of a budget problem. [THR]
· Crikey! Sort of! Get ready for 11-year-old Bindi "Daughter of Steve" Irwin's feature debut, Free Willy: Escape From Pirates Cove, coming at you Tuesday on DVD. [THR]
· Been procrastinating on that screenplay? Can't seem to get motivated? Try circling above LAX for a couple hours while your plane is dumping fuel in anticipation of a crash landing. It worked for Zach Dean, whose near-deadly flight gave him the appreciation for life that manifested in the family drama Kin, currently gathering interest from Oscar-winning director Stefan Ruzowitzky and money man Mark Cuban (among others). [LAT]
· Bond, ex-Bond Timothy Dalton has signed on to co-star in the Angelina Jolie/Johnny Depp romantic thriller The Tourist, currently shooting in Venice. [Variety]