TV Bites: Tom Selleck Considers the Family Cop Business
· The man behind that legendary Magnum P.I. mustache, Tom Selleck, is in final negotiations for a leading role on CBS' untitled Burgess/Green drama pilot. The project, formerly known as Reagan's Law, centers on a family of New York cops who struggle to balance political demands with their sense of duty to the community. Selleck would play Michael, a dashing NYPD chief of police who lives with his father (Len Cariou), the ex-chief in Brooklyn. Donnie Wahlberg will round out the clan as Michael's detective son. [THR]
The president books a last-minute cable gig, Tracy Morgan teams up with Syfy, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Barack Obama has agreed to a last-minute interview on Fox News today in support of his health care legislation. [THR]
· Tracy Morgan will return to Syfy's Scare Tactics as host for the show's fourth season this fall. Morgan will also get an executive producer credit. [THR]
· In other Syfy news, the network picked up two reality shows: Paranormal Investigators, about a team that travels the world attempting to uncover the truth behind supernatural claims; and Mary Knows Best, a docusoap about a Long Island psychic. [THR]
· The Wendy Williams Show is doin' so well that it has been renewed in 80 percent of U.S. markets. [THR]
· Get excited: Season 6 of MTV's The Hills promises at least one staged catfight between Kristin Cavallari and Stephanie Pratt. [Radar]