TV Bites: Scott Caan Finds His Inner Hawaii Five-O
· The Star Trek scribe team of Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci has booked a Danno for their Hawaii Five-O remake. Scott Caan has signed on to join the CBS series in the role of Danny "Danno" Williams (originally played by James MacArthur), a Jersey cop transferred to Hawaii after a bitter divorce to be close to his young daughter. Alex O'Loughlin has already been cast as the lead. [THR]
ABC plans to injure more celebrities for your entertainment, Larry Charles finds leads for his Show, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Congratulations to ABC for finding another dangerous arena for B-list celebrities to compete for overexposure. The network plans to pit stars with ice skating professionals for a six-week competition much like Dancing with the Stars. The BBC Worldwide-produced show however will not be too similar to DWTS or Fox's 2006 series Skating With Celebrities, promises production exec VP Jane Tranter. [Variety]
· Nate Corddry (The Daily Show) and Jonathan Sadowski (She's the Man) have landed leading roles in Larry Charles'' Our Show at NBC. [THR]
· Also in the casting files, Jeri Ryan has scored the part of chief medical examiner in ABC's procedural pilot Body of Evidence. Dana Delaney is in talks for the lead role of a brilliant medical examiner whose background as a neurosurgeon gives her an advantage in solving crimes. [THR]
· Party Down actor Adam Scott will join NBC's Parks and Recreation as another romantic interest for Leslie Knope. [Variety]
· Nina Tassler, the entertainment president of CBS jokes that one possible censor-friendly title for the upcoming comedy based on the popular Twitter feed Shit My Dad Says is Shat My Dad Says. William Shatner is set to star. [THR]