Hollywood Ink: Nicole Kidman Will Steal Your Man
· Nicole Kidman is attached to star in the title role of The Wedding Doctor, playing a woman who analyzes couples' compatibility and "interpersonal dynamics" only to determine she's a better mate than the bride-to-be of one of her male clients. It's basically Hitch for the more dedicated romcom crowd, and you know what? I'll take it. Anything that portends another vintage Manohla Dargis tirade is truly just fine by me. [Vulture]
Russell Brand's Arthur finds a director, an Escort makes its way at DreamWorks, and more Hollywood Ink after the jump.
· Russell Brand's slowly developing remake of the Oscar-winning Dudley Moore comedy Arthur has recruited Jason Winer, whose work last season shepherding Modern Family won him a DGA Award, to make his feature directing debut. Cue the smooth sounds of Christopher Cross, whom I guess we need to replace at some point as well. [THR]
· DreamWorks has picked up Justin Adler's spec script The Escort, which, suffice to say, is not about what it really should be about with a title like that. Gyps. [Variety]
· Too vague? Zack Snyder's animated adaptation of the kid's fantasy Guardians of Ga'Hoole has undergone a name change to Legend of the Guardians. [THR]
· They're making a prequel to Jason Statham's updating of Death Race. The bad news: Statham's not coming back. The worse news: It's direct-to-DVD. The moderately uplifting news: Sean Bean has been cast in a supporting role. Sorry, folks, it's just that kind of news day. [THR]