TV Bites: Dermot Mulroney Cracks the Rockford Files
· Casting news pours in this pilot season morning, beginning with the announcement that Dermot Mulroney will star in NBC's The Rockford Files. In the updated version of the 70s hit, Mulroney will assume the role originated by James Garner -- a wry-humored, cynical detective who lives in a Malibu trailer home and solves cases on the cheap. The pilot, which could mark Mulroney's first regular television gig, was written by House creator David Shore, and will be executive produced by Steve Carell. [THR]
Shit My Dad Says finds some estrogen, two Nip/Tuck alums find pilots, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Nip/Tuck star Dylan Walsh has been picked up for a CBS pilot called ATF, about an ATF agent (Walsh) who hunts down the most dangerous criminals while trying to balance life as a father to the teenage daughter who has re-entered his life. [THR]
· Another Nip/Tuck star, Joely Richardson, has joined ABC's The Whole Truth, a legal drama pilot in which Richardson plays a successful New York prosecutor. [THR]
· Comedienne Janeane Garofalo has been cast in an untitled medical drama pilot at CBS from ER producer John Wells. [THR]
· Good news for Nick Lachey: NBC has renewed Sing Off, the singing competition he hosted in December. [THR]