TV Bites: Who's Afraid of Joe Halderman?
· Certainly not the New York judge who, just this morning, rejected the (alleged!) David Letterman extorter's plea to have his case dismissed. No word yet on whether his lawyer used the "Doesn't an attempt to shake down a late night host for $2 million seem insubstantial compared to NBC's $100 million+ late night screw-up?" argument. But the judge invited Halderman back to court for further reckoning on March 9. [TMZ]
Jeff Zucker receives death threats, Snooki considers going man-hunting full-time, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· Jeff Zucker is receiving death threats in response to his decision to dump Conan O'Brien from his 11:35 perch. [The Wrap]
· Snooki (a.k.a. Nicole Pilozzi) is entertaining offers from VH1 and "other reality networks" for a dating show called Snookin' For Love. [Us]
· In other unfortunate MTV reality news, a Teen Mom cast member, Debra Danielson, was arrested for hitting her daughter, teen mom Farrah Abraham. [Radar]
· Believe it or not, Sunday's 67th annual Golden Globes was watched by a healthy 16.9 million viewers, giving NBC a 10 percent audience increase from last year. [THR]
· As unfortunate verbal lapses go, you'll have a hard time beating Mike Greenberg, a SportsCenter anchor who referred to Martin Luther King Day as "Martin Luther Coon" day. Greenberg has since apologized for "garbling" the sentence. The excruciating video is below. [HuffPo]