We're With Coco
· This historic day of crimes against orange-pompadoured humanity shall live in infamy. We present then a full The Last Word dedicated to our Coco solidarity. It's hate NBC Day, everyone! Let's celebrate. (Click image to embiggen, use elsewhere.)
· Add Conan hair to your pictures and upload to Twatbook, Jitterspace, Fumblr, etc...
· Jay Leno's doctor gives his diagnosis. [via TDW]
· More from Cougar Town EP Bill Lawrence from TCA, who called Conan's statement today "ballsy," and said this about tonight's much-anticipated monologue: "I would attack, I would be as self-deprecating as possible because you certainly don't want to get into a fight that you can't win. Conan's comedic strength is taking shots at himself, that's why I love the guy. He's as humble a talk show host as you'll see out there. I just think the drag is in the scheme of things, the amount of time that he had to find the show and get it going was not fair. Just not fair." [The TV Addict]
· New York's Adam Sternbergh on why Conan and The Tonight Show were never a good fit to begin with. [NY Mag]
· Letterman's loving it: From tonight's monologue: "Things are getting interesting in late night television. You know what's going on, ladies and gentlemen? Chaos and craziness and mayhem - a couple of minutes ago, Conan O'Brien, who was the host of The Tonight Show over there at NBC, announced that he would not follow Jay Leno at 12:05. Yeah, so you know what this means - that's right, I knocked off another competitor...Conan said he made the decision not to follow Leno at 12:05 after he talked to Johnny Carson...And now, so Jay Leno apparently is moving back to 11:30, and this has been hard on my mom. It's been tough on my mom because for the last six months she's been forced to watch me...And now, according to the NY Times, Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility for the wreckage at NBC....Simon Cowell is leaving 'American Idol,' but don't worry - we've checked and Jay's fingerprints are nowhere on this one." [The Live Feed]