Ten Inadvisable Movie Performances From the Past Decade

Stardom is like any great game of strategy -- it's both a combination of blind luck and a series of carefully calculated decisions. This decade produced several regrettable ones -- here's ten of the worst.

Picture 37r6.png

10. Cuba Gooding Jr. as Jerry Robinson in Boat Trip (2002)

Having coasted into the new century on the gilded wings of an Oscarcorn, it seemed nothing could stop the irrespressible Jerry Maguire breakout with the currency-related catchphrase. Then, uh, Boat Trip happened, and a link between actor, terrible movies, and the gay cruise circuit was forged for all eternity. That he chose to follow it up by going F.R. in Radio didn't help matters.

Picture 37r6.png

9. Chris Klein as Jonathan Cross in Rollerball (2002)

The American Pie golden boy only upped his cred with his turn as Election's endowed jocktard, but the next logical step -- action hero on wheels -- turned into a multi-vehicle collision with one of the decade's most infamous bombs. How bad was it? So bad, in fact, it brought a federal indictment for its director.

Picture 37r6.png

8. The Entire Cast of Scooby-Doo in Scooby Doo (2002)

Freddie, Freddie-Doo, where are you? You're somewhere voicing Delgo! Sarah Gellar who? Lillard, too! This didn't very well go.

Pages: 1 2 3

Comments

• FrancoisTrueFaux says:

I didn't know Lady Gaga did wardrobe on Dungeons & Dragons!

• Mikey says:

And Starring Madonna as Herself.

• Emperor Joshua Norton says:

Namasterrible FTW!

• David Baker says:

C'mon, Second Hand Lions was a very good show. Instead of this list, it should be added to your 10 Movies that you missed in the last 10 years.

• Benn Grant says:

Woah woah woah woah woah.
    Everyone that I know loved Second Hand Lions. And if no one saw it, then how did it affect Haley's career?

• Faerlyth says:

I don't know about you, but Linda Cardellini wasn't exactly a wash of an actress after Scooby Doo. She continued on ER until the show's end, was in Brokeback Mountain, and (my favorite) she was especially funny in Grandma's Boy. But I'll agree with everyone else from that movie...

• Matt Fondel says:

Boat Trip may in fact have been a bad career move for Cuba Gooding, Jr as an AMERICAN actor. However, everything Boat Trip seemed director more toward a European Audience rather than toward American sensibilities. If Boat Trip had been done first by a French Company, most A-List American Male Actors would have been fighting to do the Americanized version. Cuba was very brave to do that role and his performance will eventually be appreciated by more people.

• James says:

I saw secondhand lions in the theater. I got talked into it and actually ended up enjoying it. :3

• Brian says:

Secondhand Lions was actually a very good film. I highly recommend it.

• serhio says:

I didn't know Lady Gaga did wardrobe on Dungeons & Dragons!.

• 5318008 says:

I also highly recommend Secondhand Lions. It's a wonderful, funny movie, and Hayley Joel Osment held his own with two very talented veteran actors. I don't know why Hayley's missing from the spotlight lately, but it can't be because of Secondhand Lions. Maybe he's too busy doing voicework for the next Kingdom Hearts game (he was the voice of Sora).

• stretch65 says: