Mr. and Mrs. Sherwood Forest
· Presented context-free, here's a quote from Matthew Goode's interview with The Advocate: "I don't think you can have an erection in a scene, and I always find that funny: If you're going to have sex, you can't suddenly have the man springing into bed with a floppy knob. It should be a little bit saturated with semen and standing out at an odd angle with a few veins involved."
· Apparition has picked up The Runaways on the eve of its Sundance bow. Here's hoping it fares better than Apparition's last Sundance buy, Black Dynamite.
· The Muppet Man may have snagged the top spot on The Black List, but you're not likely to see it anytime soon thanks to a thicket of rights issues.
· Dexter's audacious season finale brought in 2.6 million viewers, a Showtime record for any series.
· NYT film critic Manohla Dargis talked to Jezebel about her recent article bemoaning the paucity of women directors: "Sometimes I think what women should do what various black and gay audiences have done, which is support women making movies for women. So does that mean I have to go support Nora Ephron? Fuck no. That's just like, blech."