TV Bites: Introducing Nicole Richie, ABC Sitcom Star
· The less-annoying half of The Simple Life cast is returning to primetime with her very own ABC sitcom. Nicole Richie came up with the original idea for the show -- a professional woman with complicated family relationships struggles to figure out what role she'll take as her life and her family evolve -- and will receive a producing credit. Warren Bell (According to Jim) is attached to executive produce and Daisy Gardner (Californication) is set to pen the series. [Variety]
CBS dumps Three Rivers from its Sunday roster, another Saved By the Bell alum is freed into the unemployment pool, and more TV Bites after the jump.
· General Electric has taken another step towards selling NBC Universal to Comcast, after reaching a tentative deal to buy Vivendi's 20 per cent stake. [New York Times]
· CBS has finally cut ratings-challenged Three Rivers from its Sunday night line-up. The Pittsburgh-set medical drama will finish production on its 13 episode order while waiting for further prognosis from the Tiffany networks. [Hollywood Reporter]
· Another Saved By the Bell alum is out of a job, now that TNT has canceled Raising the Bar. [Hollywood Reporter]
· Your favorite Conehead, Jane Curtin, and Heroes co-star Sendhil Ramamurthy, are joining NBC's comedic drama Rex Is Not Your Lawyer. David Tennant will star as a top Chicago litigator who begins suffering panic attacks and Jeffrey Tambor will co-star as his shrink. [Hollywood Reporter]