5 Surprising Snubs Among the Independent Spirit Award Nominees
The Independent Spirit Awards announced their nominees today, and films like Precious and The Last Station were showered with attention. Still, I couldn't help but notice which surefire contenders were not nominated. Here's 5 of the most notable snubs, along with the full list of nominees:
1) The Spirit Awards showed A Serious Man a lot of love, but didn't extend that to a best feature nomination or anything for lead actor Michael Stuhlbarg. Stuhlbarg's been talked up for an Oscar nomination, but it's gotta hurt that he couldn't even land in the top five for the Spirits.
2) Hands down, the most gorgeous independent film of the year is Tom Ford's A Single Man, yet cinematographer Eduard Grau was left off the list while the middlingly shot Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans made the grade.
3) For that matter, where's A Single Man's Julianne Moore in the supporting category?
4) The IFPs were aware enough of That Evening Sun to nominate two of its actors, and neither of them was Hal Holbrook?
5) Hey guys, there's this documentary called The Cove. Everyone's talkin' about it.
Pages: 1 2