When Something Blue is on the Menu
· IGN has an extended clip of a chase sequence from Avatar, which finds Sam Worthington attempting to elude the brutal Thanator, designed by James Cameron himself. Watching it, I couldn't help but think of George Clooney's "What's in your backpack" speech from Up in the Air -- the answer, George, is a CG creature's razor-sharp incisors. (The clip is after the jump, provided IGN's iffy embedding situation sorts itself out.)
· Daniel Day-Lewis got so into character on the set of Nine that he even wrote love notes to his unlikely costar Fergie, she says: "I'd go into my dressing room, and I'd find this little note. I'd open it, and it would be Guido's stationary. He would write me little notes as Guido. They were very cute and very charming,"
· M. Night Shyamalan is at the White House tonight! That in and of itself is your surprise twist.
· Fox is giving new drama Human Target a plum slot after the American Idol results show at midseason. Glee gets to follow the Tuesday performance nights.
· Speaking of Glee, here's a sneak peek at the show's spin on Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach." Knowing the show, you can expect this to literally be delivered to a papa who is preaching.