TV Bites: Saget's Strange
· Everybody's favorite Full House father is pulling himself out of the How I Met Your Mother sound booth to shoot seven episodes of an upcoming reality show for A&E called Bob Saget's Strange Days. The hour-long episodes will chronicle the comedian's travels into far-flung pockets of America, where he will try to entertain biker gang members, Amish teens and mail order brides. Let's hope that he doesn't revisit his Ron Jeremy and Full House set list. [Variety]
Speidi wages war on The Today Show, Chris Elliott gets a life at Cartoon Network and more TV Bites after the jump.
· The woman who plays Don Draper's elementary teacher squeeze, Abigail Spencer, will get some network loving with NBC's upcoming Rex Is Not Your Lawyer. She will play a lawyer's co-worker and fiancee. [Hollywood Reporter]
· Chris Elliott and Conan O'Brien's Conaco Prods. are teaming up for a live-action comedy pilot for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim called Eagleheart. Elliott will star as a moody, washed up action star who uses his new TV show to preach his conservative political agenda.
· Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag were bumped from a scheduled Today Show segment yesterday, inciting Pratt's Twitter wrath. The MTV villain, who awkwardly tangoed with Today's Al Roker this summer, tw-insulted his NBC foe with call-outs like: "WEATHERMAN I thought you were out of town today getting your stomache stapled again?" [Us Magazine]
· Tropic Thunder and Iron Man 2 scribe Justin Theroux has signed on for a major recurring role in Parks and Recreation. His arc will air in early 2010 and feature him as a love interest for Leslie (Amy Poehler). [EW]
· Nickelodeon has ordered a half-hour pilot called Summer Camp from High School Musical writer Peter Barsocchini. Could this be the generation's answer to Salute Your Shorts? Somewhere, Michael Ray Bower ("Donkeylips") is polishing his resume. [Hollywood Reporter]