TV Round Up: Alley-Oops
· After scrubbing a toilet on Oprah today and sharing her own OCD tip for airplane travel ("I always get a bottle of vodka and go into those nasty bathrooms and I wipe them down."), Kirstie Alley was granted a few minutes to plug her new A&E reality series. The ten half-hour episodes will document Alley's struggles to lose her post-Weight Watchers weight while raising teenagers.
· FOX will attempt to supersaturate two markets simultaneously with its new MasterChef program: Gordon Ramsay reality and food competitions. The network presented the Reveille-produced program with a season order and a synergistic moniker: 'the culinary American Idol.'
· Jerry Seinfeld appointed his friend and frequent opening act Tom Papa as NBC's Marriage Ref.
· Elizabeth Banks will confuse thousands of Modern Family viewers who already think she is regularly featured as Ty Burrell's onscreen wife when she guest-stars on the ABC sitcom's November 18th episode. Banks will play Sal, Cameron and Mitchell's boozy best girlfriend that the couple neglected after adopting. Hopefully she'll stay out of Julie Bowen's scenes.
· E! is bringing Hollywood to Asia by launching a weekly half-hour program that will combine the latest Brangelina pap shots with regional entertainment news.