When Betty Draper Met the Maverick
· A wave of fear swept through the Capitol today, after a heartfelt plea from January Jones to pass the Shark Conservation Act was greeted by John McCain with the observation, "Does anybody else in here smell oranges?"
· Busted at Borders on Boston's Boylston St.: Jon Hamm, meanwhile, was spotted purchasing two box sets of Mad Men DVDs. He was in town shooting Ben Affleck's next directorial effort, The Town. [via Boston.com]
· The 14th annual TV study from GLAAD found 18 queer characters in the new primetime season, up from last year. Media watchdogs credit progressively minded network execs, greater social acceptance, and the greenlighting of NCIS: Gays.
· A dramatic reading from Dustin Diamond's Behind the Bell by the author himself reveals that Mario Lopez had an insatiable appetite for nubile young Bellheads, as well as guest stars like Denise Richards.
· Pulp Fiction co-writer Roger Avary was sentenced today for the fatal DUI that killed his passenger back in 2008: 12 months in prison and five years probation.
· Kirstie Alley drugged and raped Josh Grossberg, an E! Online writer. (Or something to that effect.)