For His Next Trick, Robert Gibbs Will Recite MacGruber Sketch From Memory
· Press Secretary Robert Gibbs called out a reporter's blockheaded invocation of the Will Ferrell Bushism "strategery," then brought things around to current SNL events by joking, "I'm going to curse in a minute, if that's cool." Congratulations, Jenny Slate: From zero to White House briefing room in one inadvertent cuss. Gotta be a new record.
· Zap2It has confirmed that Miley Cyrus landed a small role in Sex and the City 2, in which she'll show up to a red carpet event (presumably playing herself) in the same dress as Samantha. Hilarity will almost certainly ensue.
· More cancellations: Benjamin Bratt's A&E series The Cleaner, about a recovering addict who helped others overcome their chemical dependencies, was given the red light after two seasons. Last episode airs Sept. 15.
· Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeff Wells has been kept up nights worrying himself silly over the terrifying specter of ass bombs.
· The Playlist has posted the entire Karen O & The Kids' Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack, available for your listening pleasure. Tim Burton really needs to put "Heads Will Roll" into Alice in Wonderland. Are we right? We're totally right.
· Amanda Woodward, née Heather Locklear, was spotted around Melrose Place, where hopefully she was getting to the bottom of what led Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's character to be found lying face-down in the community hot tub.
· Here's some new photos of Henry Cavill on the set of The Tudors, rocking the 16th Century equivalent of blangy Mr. T-wear.