The One-Page Screenplay: Tucker Max's The SeX-Ray
Movieline's One-Page Screenplays have been many things, including epic (Rian Johnson's The Plains of Rothinian), smart-alecky (Diablo Cody's Father Approved), and just plain beautiful (Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick's One Small Step). But, we'd wager, they've never been controversial -- so why not have Tucker Max try his hand at one?
Max, for those unfamiliar, is the author of the drinking-and-debauchery memoir I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, which has been made into an independently-distributed film debuting this Friday. Since he started his own website in 2002, Max's true-life tales have won him a legion of devoted followers, and an equally passionate set of detractors who call his stories misogynistic.
What they'll make of his One-Page Screenplay remains to be seen. On with the show!
Tucker Max's Disclaimer:
I know that this may sound like a goofy porn script. And before my movie premiere tour, I would have said it was.
But it is not. It actually happened. I offer you the (NSFW) proof:
The One-Page Screenplay:
Previous One-Page Screenplays:
· Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick's One Small Step
· Megan Holley's Squashing Ticks
· Jonathan Herman's Taxi Driver 2
· John Hlavin's Revelations
· TS Faull's THROAT BABIES
· Greg Marcks's Suicidal at McD's
· Craig Mazin's That Explains That
· Michael France's Tips on Suicide Notes
· Peter Chiarelli's The Problem with Hot Coffee
· Carl Gottlieb's Polaris Bears
· Diablo Cody's Father Approved
· Jeff Lowell's The Socialite And The Guy With The Real Job
· Michael Brandt & Derek Haas's Messy Life
· John Turman's BFF
· Rian Johnson's The Plains of Rothinian
· The Robotard 8000's Attempt #3