5 Things About Motherhood That You Wouldn't Know From Its Trailer
1. Uma Thurman isn't simply a harried mom trying to adjust to the multitude of demands on her schedule -- she's also a blogger with a site called "The Bjorn Identity." At some point, we've got to believe the marketing team is going to sell this puppy based on three shots alone: Thurman typing, butter sizzling in a pan, and, oddly, Julia Child cooking beef bourguignon.
2. Jodie Foster has an uncredited cameo as herself, for some reason.
3. For as formulaic as this appears, writer/director Katherine Dieckmann got her start directing videos for R.E.M., including "Stand" and "Shiny Happy People."
4. Also! She directed several episodes of The Adventures of Pete & Pete, plus the easygoing, underseen Paul Rudd comedy Diggers.
5. Still, the most important thing about this movie that isn't discernible from its trailer is why one would want to see it.
VERDICT: I think I already have a playdate scheduled that day. Sorry.