Eclipse Goes Oscar-Caliber with Catalina Sandino Moreno
· The Twilight threequel Eclipse continues to pile on young actors, adding Catalina Sandino Moreno to the cast as the vampire Maria. An Oscar-nominee for 2004's Maria Full of Grace, Sandino Moreno's character is known in the source novel as a soft-spoken brunette who attempts to create a "newborn army of vampires" with a Confederate soldier named Jasper. I'm skeptical, but at least she didn't steal anyone's job, so best of luck to her and Summit. They begin shooting next week in Vancouver. [THR]
Denzel Washington considers TV, Jon Heder considers Buddy Holly, and more Hollywood Ink after the jump.
· When you see a headline like "Denzel Washington Eyes TV Gig," you know there must be a catch, right? And you'd be right: Washington is considering adding his name as an executive producer of Billy Stiles, a potential Fox drama about a "genius" gang member-turned-cop. Presumably he wins big on Jeopardy! in season three and retires. [THR]
· Jon Heder is set to star in Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymede, an adaptation of the sci-novel novel that features the late rock legend talking to Heder's hapless geek via TV, thus subjecting him to pursuit by a gang of disguised aliens. [Variety]
· Just in case Catherine Hardwicke and Emile Hirsch's planned Hamlet isn't quite hip, cool and/or contemporary enough for younger viewers, a British producer is bringing up the rear with a 3-D musical version of the play -- part of a six-volume series actually titled Shakespeare 4 Kidz. You know: "2B OR NOT 2B" text messages, sparkly ghosts, that kind of stuff. [Variety]
· The good news for horror fans: Clive Barker will join forces with the current arbiters of the Saw franchise for the TV series Clive Barker's Hotel. The bad news: McG may produce. Try and keep an open mind, and stay positive! [THR]