Buzz Break: It Had to Be Bryce
· Catherine Hardwicke has revealed that she actually tried to cast Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria in the very first Twilight movie, but the actress resisted, holding out for a bigger part and a much messier recasting debacle. Old No. 7 totally called it!
· Alexander Payne is set to shoot The Descendants about a man undergoing a midlife crisis who decides to take a road trip. Alexander's not exactly afraid of that sort of plot, is he?
· Paul Giamatti will sub in for Sean Penn in The Three Stooges, but Jim Carrey might now be out as Curly.
· We already told you that Josh Hutcherson would be joining the remake of Red Dawn; now, EW brings word that Transformers fembot Isabel Lucas and, uh, Tom Cruise's son Connor have been added to the cast.
· Jeremy Piven had a kerfuffle with Chris Kattan at MTV the other day; says Kattan's publicist: "Chris mistakenly asked Jeremy if he was there to promote his play and Piven fired back with 'What are you here to promote, Mango?'" That is shocking, guys. Chris Kattan has a publicist.